Saturday, February 6, 2016

We Three ..... back again!

Seems like just yesterday I started this blog to document a great adventure.....Cait, Mom and I doing Europe.  Since that trip 5 years ago, this blog has followed me to amazing places, memorable trips with such fun travel companions.

But.....this time.....we are back to the orginal three.  Cait, Mom and I are off to Prague...after a week, Cait will be flying home and Mom and I will be heading south to explore Italy a bit before heading home a week later.

I'm so excited about this trip.  Funnily, Prague seems like a visit to my roots.  Though I don't really have any Czech blood in me, a girl doesn't grow up in a town full of Dornaks, Tymraks and Vyvleckas without feeling a strong bond to the Bohemian heritage.  It was normal to have handmade kolaches in our school cafeteria, Mrs. Netardus' pecan roll was always the prize treat from the Catholic picnic auction and I actually know that a sausage kolache is NOT a kolache at all, but instead a klobasnek!  So....visiting Prague is sort of like visiting "home".  Cait loves Prague as well.....the street food and the beer are calling her name.  And Mom....well, though excited to see a city that she hasn't been to before, quite honestly, is just happy to be going.......going anywhere!  This excitement is evidenced by the fact that Cait and I had a hard time keeping up with her as we headed through the airport...I think she is hoping to get "there" first!



So we're here...checked in and waiting patiently.  Cait is busy downloading audio books, but Mom and I took the time for the obligatory pre-boarding selfie!



 We connect in Helsinki.....maybe we'll meet an interesting Finn!

Can't wait to see Prague with these two!


2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to read all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to read all about it.

    ReplyDelete